Sunday, February 21, 2010

SQUASH.. almost


Today at church it was wonderful. Seriously, I love the Gospel.

I'm so grateful to be reminded how much the Lord loves me. I love it!!!!!

For the fireside (this is basically a short meeting where usually one person speaks... perhaps a few more) after church my bishop spoke. It was great. It was so cute because the he kept saying things that was making his wife blush and life. They have a really cute marriage and great connection and their kids are really cute as well. There youngest son is really cute and I always play with him.

One of my favorite parts out of the whole thing was when some members in my Ward decided to make a little paper sign to hold up at the beginning of his talk. So my friend Dustin made the sign. It was brilliant!!! He wrote, "Go Bishop. We love you." ha ha. It was hilarious because Dustin and I kind of held it up (slightly by our chest) and wiggled it a little at the start of him talking. We were sitting in the second row so it was clear to see. Our Bishop laughed and I could tell he thought it was rather humorous. ;) Ha ha.

Simple pleasures.

Speaking of Fireside situations and stories...

Awhile back I nearly squashed a boy. It's true.... BUT I DIDN'T MEAN IT!

You see the chairs are put on these little train beds. The chairs when folded up lay down horizontally stacked like domino's. And all of these little trains go into tunnels into the wall of the church underneath a stage.

Anyway each tunnel is able to hold two chair trains. At one point during a fireside I was pushing a chair train into the tunnel and a guy... was in the tunnel.... I almost squashed him.....

Myself and a guy who was helping was shoving the chairs into the tunnel and then it started coming back. I thought it just needed an extra shove to push the chair train farther back inside the tunnel. So we started pushing it back in and this guy (Trevor) says, "Um... wasn't there a guy in there?"

Oh dear! I think my face went white and my eyes went as big as ping pong balls. So we quickly pulled it out... and sure enough there is this guy inside the tunnel....

Ahhhhhh! Oh man! I WAS SO MORTIFIED!

Ha ha. Anyway while putting chairs away today the boy who I nearly squashed said to me (while I was checking to make sure nothing (specifically no one) was in the tunnel he said, "Remember to make sure no one is in there."

Ha ha. Oh man the poor guy... I hope the situation doesn't haunt him. ha ha.

Dear Boy,
I'm sorry I nearly squashed you.... I truely felt horrid after I learned you where in there. Don't worry from now on I always check the tunnels. Just to be absolutely certain.

I hope the situation hasn't ruined your freshman year.... And I hope you don't have nightmares about chairs coming to squash you.

I'm dearly sorry,
Liz

P.S.
As advise to one individual to another... next time scream really really loud.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're lovin Church right now, cause I'm not. Ugh. Such is life :) I didn't go to our fireside last night. I watched Can/USA hockey. Ugh stupid Americans
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete