Monday, April 19, 2010

Knock Um' Dead

So tonight was the talent show.... I think it went fabulous. There was a lot of people who did excellent jobs. A lot of talent I tell you!!!!

Here is the recap (Don't worry you can skip this)

-One guy did american sign language to the song "Angels Amoung Us." I absolutely LOVE that song, it's one of my favorites! It was honestly so moving and touching.

-Another one I loved was this guy who sang a song off of "Fiddler On The Roof". He sang the if I were a rich man song. I was impressed how low he could go... it was hilarious.

-Some girls sang some Disney songs. There voices where gorgeous and they harmonized beautifully.

-Cheri did an amazing job by singing this song about rain and love that she made up. It was beautiful!

-My roomie Kellie Jean and some lovey ladies from the Windsor appartments did a song about facebook stalking to an Elvis song. Ha ha.... It was brilliant!

-These guys sang "Some Where Over the Rainbow" on their ukes (the version on the movie 50 First Dates). It was great.

I ended up singing "New Shoes" I know go figure. :P

It was really cool because midway through my performance people started snapping. It slightly threw me off but it was fun.

At the end of my performance the MC came up and put his jacket over my shoulders. After handing it back I grabbed the microphone and commented on this man's fabulous suit jacket he was wearing this bright purple jacket. It was fabulous. Anyhow so after I said something like, "I don't know why no one has commented on his epic purple jacket. I think he looks quite fashionable... bla."

Anyhow so after I said such... the microphone fell over. -SIGH- After yelling "Awww crap." or something like that and the crowd errupted laughing I bet down and got it.

Leave it up to me to do something ridiculous.

It was quite a fun night. The only problem was... it lasted forever!!!! Oh man... roughly three hours plus. And I have a HUGE... GINORMOUS paper. Suck.... Suck suck....

3 comments:

  1. and my talent is... sitting through really really really ridiculously long talent shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I greatly appreciate it :P.... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad I didn't get to hear your actual performance, but when I heard you practice, you were fantastic. I love your guts. Thanks for the recap on the talent show...I really was sad to miss it.

    ReplyDelete