Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beacon of HOPE

In Cedar City there is this little landmark that I look to as a beacon of light. Most people find it random and I've heard that some people think it's "stupid". -GASP-

I, however, love it! I absolutely adore it! A tall pillar of light... yes... a light house in the middle of southern utah.

A LIGHT HOUSE!

I've always LOVED lighthouses because one of my favorite places in the world are beaches. The LDS religion also makes several connections to lighthouses. A source that guides and direct individuals to the safe shores.

However the main reason why I am so found of them is because, they also remind me of my mother. My mother loves lighthouses. And so they remind me of her. No matter what happens my mother stands tall; my beacon of hope. She has always been one of the ultimate examples in my life. She is one of the most self sacrificing people I know, always sharing her inner light.

If I can ever become a small percentage of who my mother is... I will be able to awesome.

Anyhow, when ever I see light houses my heart warms and I feel... at home. I just can't help but look at them and smile inside.



I wish I had a better picture that showed its location. This beautiful tower is located right next to Walmart, which is a slight shame but oh well. I realize Walmart is quite a central location... so I see the point.

I've decided to officially start my bucket list. I've always had a list of things in my head... but I'm going to officially print something off.


So here are a few:

-Getting on top of Cedar Citiy's light house!
-Scumba dive
-Own a car (soon to happen :P)
-Water Skii
-Learn to surf
-Learn spanish
-Swim with a Dolphin or a Killerwhale
-Graduate with a Bachelors Degree
-Get kissed in the rain
-Write a song
-Go some where with clear beautiful water...
-Learn how to talk with an Austrialian accent
-Try out for a muscial/theater production
-Write a second book

I think that's good enough for now.

What's something on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment