Wednesday, March 31, 2010

NEW SHOES

Last night I went to this mass media banquet. It was nice but it took forever... like two and a half hours.... Ridiculous if you ask me. I liked the speaker however... most of the presentation was him showing his success through video clips but at the end he briefly talked about marketing yourself as an individual.

I feel as though I'm some who who tries to market themselves in a positive way. AKA: I'm friendly and try to appear nice.

As far as in the job site I have always been known as a hard worker. I'm often astounded by individuals and their lack of drive. Why do workers have to be told to do? Isn't it apparent that the floor needs to be swept?

Many times I have considered how I market myself in the world. How am I perceived by students, professors, peers, friends, family, etc? When someone looks at me, what do they automatically think? What is their very first impression of me?

Some individuals seem to think I scream high maintenance as well as anger, apparently my straight face looks "pissed off".

Other's classify me as a dumb blond. Saying it's due to my "bubbly personality".

Hopefully after getting to know me better, people can understand the real me. However, in the meantime I'll continue searching to find a way to market myself better in the real world.

I'm learning to play this song.... NEW SHOES! ...on the guitar! I know... BRILLIANT! I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to sing it though... since his voice is amazing! Also it's been interesting because he talks some of the time... and I don't know what to do since my voice talking isn't as cool with an accent and all.... Oh well thus far I'm putting my own twist to it, and it's been fun.



I know I've put the link on several times... but how can anyone not love this song?

I'm really going to work hard this summer to learn cords and such for the guitar. Right now I only know a few songs and so I'm sure my roommates are growing tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

Tonight I will be going to the guitar club... finally. I need to go to the guitar shop to buy a guitar strap so I'll be asking someone nicely so they can talk me.... ha ha. Lame.... I can't wait till I have my own car! Can't wait!

Also I might be going to play racquetball later this evening, which will be fun. Next year I will be buying a gym pass so I will work out more. I've started to work out a little bit this semester and my abs are coming back. Awesome!

I probably should go to sleep earlier tonight since I stayed up till around four last night. Probably... but it's unlikely....

2 comments:

  1. you should make videos of your singing so i can see them! paolo came to my school and played a while ago during the lunch hour. i never knew he was known in america!
    your certainly are addicted to blogging! you do it almost daily! hahah! i miss you! olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia! I miss you and I"m jealous you were able to see him...

    Maybe I'll show one video of me singing sometime. :p

    ReplyDelete