Thursday, March 11, 2010

Electronic Death

Technology hates me. This has been the case since I was little....

While I was attending high school and had yet again another computer crash, one of my teachers frustratedly said, "Isn't your father a computer programmer or something? Why do you have some many computer crashes?"

To which I responded with, "Technology hates me."

For every phone I have had... I have broken them. Sadly, it usually occurs with in the first few months. I've only had three... (roughly one per year)

My first phone. Ah yes a beautiful purple slider. The poor girl died after I dropped it and it had a crack roughly 1 millimeters in the corner of the screen. ...the screen went completely black. So sad... I couldn't see anything I was doing. Such a shame... especially since it was a phone/ipod.

My second phone was given to me by my sister. A nice on heavy duty red flip phone cell. When ever I was bored I would flip it open and closed. I ended up breaking the volume button so I resorted to always having my cell phone on speaker phone.

One time on that brilliant phone I was on the phone with Kelly. Previously we had been talking about boys and a specific boy. After awhile we changed the subject and that's when my father and brother came out and we got into the car. Of course my phone was still on speaker phone... but I continued the conversation thinking we were going to end the conversation shortly. I climbed into my father's truck

So as we were about to wrap up the conversation Kelly said, "Oh yeah so what about that guy? Did you kiss him?"

I glanced over at my father and I'm certain I developed a healthy shade of crimson. Trying to think of a way to create a distraction I ended up mumbling, "Errrr..."

At which my point my brother said, "I'm sorry, she can't talk right now she's with her father and brother...."

Ahhh.... memories.

And now my current beautiful flip phone is broken. I have a tendency to throw my phone in the air and catch it.... However, sometimes the floor catches it for me.

So now my phone dies when I open up my phone. Thus I can't ever shut my phone and wait for a call... usually. Sigh* I don't want a dinosaur phone... but it looks as though that will be my only solution to have my phones remain intact.

1 comment:

  1. this is why i hate speaker phone.

    if you hadn't put me on speaker everything would have been fine. just fine.

    dang speaker phone......

    ReplyDelete