Friday, January 29, 2010

Music Association...

When ever I am feeling down or slightly negative I listen to happy music. However now there are certain songs that I can't listen to.

Why?

Because of association. Smells are one the biggest association factors that triggers memories. I'm not sure where sounds comes in, but to me if a song comes on after a specif adventure... or situation. I always remember that moment when the song comes on.

This is not bad unless it is an unpleasant memory. Sadly, some of my "Happy Songs" are no longer happy due to unfortunate instances....

Below are a few of my "happy songs". Thus far no memories... Brilliant!

Just Haven't Met You Yet...
I love Buble. I would totally marry him if he was LDS*! Ha ha.




Grace Kelly....
Every time I listen to this song. I love it.


Lollipop...
Another song by Mika. It's brilliant. Also it talks about love getting you down. So this is a grand song for when I'm a little annoyed with guys.


New Soul
It's so happy and light....



Feel the Rush
I love Shaggy....


Love Like This
I love both of these artists....


Do You Love Me?
Seriously I love this song! And who ever created this specific editing... I love them! I usually don't watch the videos but with this one I sometimes do.... Ha ha. Just because it's so happy!!!!


Beautiful Girls
Who couldn't love this song? I don't like the remake by that girl, she just sounds full of herself....


New Shoes...
This song was on my first phone and I love it! It's all about moving forward... BRILLIANT!!! Isn't it amazing how much new clothes, shoes, accessories or something else like that can help us feel a little more positive and give us that little self esteem boost.


Anyway... I could keep uploading songs. These are just a few that I consider "Happy Songs" that I'm almost positive I will always like. ...I just love music! However when I listen to "Happy Music" I usually don't concentrate well.... Ha ha. Like now. I should be doing homework.


I've always been jealous at musically inclined people. The people who can play tons of musical instruments and it just comes easy.... I use to play the piano but my teacher moved so... I stopped. Lame I know...

I'm starting to learn the guitar but thus far it has been a slow slow... slow process.... Ha ha. I must get on the ball.....

Alas with school I mostly just play with my free time and recently haven't been accomplishing too much... :P
......
LDS: Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment