Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Beginning

As a young child I lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Some say it's not even the middle of nowhere... it's a little past the middle of nowhere.

This small quaint town is called Boulder. Not Boulder Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada... or various other states, but Utah. Yes, Boulder Utah; you probably haven't heard it.

In Boulder I was in a class of six kids from kindergarten until six grade. I took a hour plus drive to attend Escalante High School from 7th through 12th grade. I graduated in a class of 28 and trust me the dating life was nonexistent. There wasn't a Walmart for 2.5 hours or 3 hours. The closest theater is about an hour plus. The nearest Mall was 4 hours away.

Living in a town of 180 I became a country girl. While some do not believe this, due to my high maintenance tendencies, I assure you I'm still a small town girl. I'm just not a hick.

My mother would go shopping in trips with mass lists about once a month or so. We would stalk up and if we didn't have it, we didn't have it. There was two small grocery/gas stations in town but all of the prices were raised, so we tried to wait for those out of town trips.

In Boulder we say we go with "Plan Z", which usually implies Duct Tape or something to that effect.

In every aspect of life we learn to "Make do or do with out." Whether it's trying to figure out what to do about that forgotten assignment, what to do with a horrid hair day or trying to figure out what to do with your self after a form of rejection... we all do it.

This blog is dedicated to my life... well snip-its of it anyway. So I invite you to read, comment and hopefully laugh with me and not at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment