Sunday, May 30, 2010

You know the double handshake

First off...

I bought a car.... I HAVE A CAR.... SHE'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still find it hard to believe. I woke up today and looked at her in the drive way, admiring her beautiful sleek body and realized... I truely am an official car OWNER. Woot woot!

Don't worry I'll post photos when I can.

Seeing as I don't have insurance I won't be driving her untill Tuesday... but still she is MINE. I just need to name her.

I wen to a car auction and made a silent bid on the car not really thinking the buyer would take it. Neither did my father.... oh well. Then the sales rep came up and told my brother and I that we both... HAD CARS. Brilliant!

The co-owner, who I might add was very attractive (too bad he smokes) of the place came up and congradulated me telling me he had to double check everything because he didn't think the owner would go for so low, but sure enough... the car was MINE. He did the double hand shake thing and I excitedly pumped his arm up and down maybe a tad too vigerously.

You know the double handshake... when they over lap their second hand over yours (while the handshake is occuring) for extra reassurance, closeness or something. AAah ha.... I usually find leaders, salesmen or guys use this tactic.

I particularly find this hillarious when guys really try to use it to their advantage and then stare into your eyes and say something like, "It's really good to meet you." Ha ha. or they will repeat your name kind of slowly like, "Lllliiizzz hmm..." I don't know why they do it. Do they really think your having a deep connection? Apparently they are trying to create one or maybe my name is just really hard to pronounce or memorize....

Ha ha... I give them credit it for them for at least trying... unless of course they come off creepy... lol

So I danced around for a bit inside and gave a litle hoot. Then I proceeded to head outside and scream a good "Wooo hooo!" A few people gave strange stares. The owner teased me and laughed. Dad was was in a state of shock. My neice and nephew started dacing with me..... People continued to stare, but I didn't care I had a car... so

...

I screamed again and continued dancing.

I still can't believe it. I HAVE A CAR! I AM INDEPENDANT!

...Too bad I have no more money. Ha ha.... lol. I laugh but inwardly I'm crying.... HA Ha!

P.S.
If you ever have to buy a car... go to a car auction! You'll get a screaming deal!

3 comments:

  1. congrats!! hahah! i love the description of your excitement of getting a car! you're so funny! i can't wait to see pictures of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrads... I'm quite thrilled. :D

    ReplyDelete