Wednesday, May 12, 2010

can't wait....

The weather at my home town has been quite dreary. It hasn't been exceptionally over cast but due to the fact that ITS SUMMER... I'm holding the weather to a higher standard.

My brother is still here, which is nice. Yesterday he didn't go because of the weather and today he is staying longer because his car had some problems. Sad for him but good for me. It was actually an awesome miracle because something bad would have happened if my brother wouldn't have come back for a simple problem.

Speaking of cars... I'm in the market so if you live in Utah and you're trying to sell one...

Contact: (Me) Liz at lizzy.yzzil@yahoo.com

I'm not going to be very picky for this first car. However I've been saving my whole life so hopefully I'll be able to get a pretty awesome rockin' car. :)

I try to catalogue each year before it begins and figure out roughly how much I can spend in each area. I've sorted my money into many sections... school, housing, food, tithing, can't touch savings (which has been saving up for my car, next it will be for a laptop or an epic trip....), special/fun fund (ie clothes and on rare occasions fast food because I'd prefer to spend it on something more worthwhile ).... Sometimes I mess up so the money usually gets pulled from my special/fun fund or my food fund. I know... probably taking it from the food one isn't that great. Ha ha.

I started babysitting when I was ten years old and basically became our towns babysitter. Oh man... fun times. Unfortunately because I've babysat so long I often go into this "mother" mode around other parents children including my siblings. Sometimes this mode gets me into trouble. I've been trying to remind myself that I can be the "Fun Aunt". So I'm recognizing that I can give them the cookie before dinner or lunch because I'm just that "cool" and "fun". :D

Then I started a job when I was about fifteen.... (Now your reading this ... bla bla bla... okay let's skip ahead)

And now at long last while balancing school and life expenses I can get a car. A CAR!!!! I can't wait to pay for my car and know it's mine and I worked HARD to get it... and it will be MINE. And if I want I will be able to drive home or drive to a grocery store and get icecream on bad days.... I can do anything.... I can....

I can be TRUELY INDEPENDANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!

So far this is my criteria for purchasing my car:
  • Good gas mileage
  • Nonsmoking car, which I believe will be possible since I'm in Utah
  • Heater
  • Air conditioner
  • Radio (if possible), which I'm sure it will

I've also decided I'll have a few rules in my car. Some of which will include:

  • I will park at the end of the parking lot. I always hate when people drive to the front... just to drive to the back of the lot. Also it will make sure I don't become too lazy.
  • Everyone in my car will wear a seat belt and I will not move until they are buckled. I have several friends who have developed this policy. I think it's great.
  • I will not drive every day to school. I think I'll only give myself two driving days out of the five...
  • As long as people ask me to go places and I'm going there I won't charge them. Many people have driven me around since I haven't had a car... and I've appreciated it IMMENSELY! So as long as people don't take advantage of me... I'll help them out. (speaking of which I owe two girls money... crap!)

By the way I can't wait untill my job starts!!!! Woot woot! My job is basically awesome and my manager is a fantastic individual. Don't you love when people actually care about you? And get this he worked with me so I was able to come back this summer! Fantatastic concept isn't it! I love my job and USF! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment