Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Swear I Don't Have Horns

This summer is going swell. I haven't done too much stuff on my goal list so I need to get ON THAT!

Mostly I'm just taking this summer slow. I was so exausted once school started last year, I think this year I'll be ready to jump back in and swim.

We've started Tues. volleyball so that's epic. I stopped ready Pride and Prejudice... I know I know. I just couldn't get into it. So now I'm reading an easy read and I'm sure I'll go back to it... sometime.... ha ha.

Work is taking up most of my time. I work Mon thru Saturday from 10:30 untill around six. Selling is an awesome accomplishment. I love the feeling I get when I help convice someone to purchase something.

...I feel like I've picked the right career path.

My new manager (my previous employer had to change things up a bit) teases me quite a bit. Usually I try not to talk to much about selling because I'm sure it's boring to other people. Also I don't want to make people think I'm bragging all the time. The other day I was rather excited about selling things, my manager said, "Makes you wonder if your a bad person, doesn't it." Ha ha.

Sometimes I wonder if I am playing the devils advocate. I'm trying to persuade people to buy things that I might not necessarily buy myself. However, I think I'm only persuading, it's up to the people to choose what I'm suggesting or not to. Ergo... not my fault. :P

I love it. I feel like I'm getting better at selling... more convincing is probably a better term. ;) However that might make me sound evil... ha ha. I've sold jewelry pieces quite often last minute. So people are starting to make spur of the moment decisions. Unfortunately, sometimes (which is usually rarely but still sometimes) they later come back (usually the next day) and return it. I'll admit I feel bad but if it's a jewelry piece that comes back I feel really sad, like I failed.

Shesh... sometimes I feel like all I think about is work. I even dream about work. Is that weird? I'll dream about patrons doing strange stupid stuff. The other night I dreamed about people touching the glass and getting it dirty with their fingerprints. In the dream I was really irritated and kept trying to clean it. Last night I dreamed I kept selling all the jewelry pieces so there were empty spaces in the display cases and I was getting irritated..... I know LAME dreams huh? Ha ha ...

Shesh on my time off I'm still stressing about it....

The thing is I'm someone who is rather determined and when I get excited about something I think about it quite a bit.

So I'm continually trying to think of tactics to become better. Yes... even in my sleep. Ha ha...

TO DO LIST: DEADLINE JULY 22
-Determine who is in charge of lighthouse
-Grocery shopping
-Clean Room/Bathroom
-Vacume my car "MISS POLLY"
-Get a group to play ultimate frisbee
-Start going to bed on time...

No comments:

Post a Comment