Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why Have I Gained 20 Pounds?

How many of you have seen the movie "He's Just Not That Into You?"

Below is my favorite quote:

Why am I alone? Why have I gained 20 pounds? *Imagine voice of a fantastic African American woman who sounds like a diva*

The best thing about this movie is how in a general sense everyone in the movie expresses their true feelings.

They scream it. They shout it. They cry about it.

I think that kind of confidence is astounding!! It's one of the qualities I really admire in an individual. I wish I had better communication skills when it came down to my deeper thoughts....

I wish I had that kind of gumption.

The majority of us, as a rule, don't have that kind of guts. So we cover up or mask our true feelings and thoughts. We don't want to be vulnerable. We don't want to upset or offend.... What ever our excuse, we fail to express our true feelings.

Sadly we often don't tell those we are closest to the truth. We can tell a complete stranger about i.e. but we can't tell the actual person.

In the act of lying (or masking if you prefer a lighter word choice) to others we are lying to ourselves.

How often do we fall for our own lies?

What do you love about "He's Just Not That Into You?"? What is your favorite quote? Do you believe in the "rule not the exception" rule? If you haven't watched it... watch it...

I know I've made a shout out to this movie before but even though I secretly hate its honestly, its refreshing.....

I think.... *mentally grabs carton of icecream* (Mmm... I wish i actually had some.)

No comments:

Post a Comment