Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BIFF

So today I said to a boy: Hey let's go longboarding.

So we head out....

Boy says to me: Should we go around campus or some where else?
I say: How about campus? At least I can get over my fear of seeing people watching me longboard... Oh no what if I biff it?

And so the two of us carry on our merry way. Five minutes into our ride I catapult myself into the street and Harold (my board) flies like it has wings. I jump up instantly because even though my body is throbbing my pride is much more important. Ah yes, because as humans we are weak...

Cars are lined up behind me and the opposing side of traffic is at a stand still. Why? Because everyone has just watched someone sky rocketed in the air. Needless to say, I have battle wounds.

---Later I go on another ride... Please note, it's dark outside and there is absolutely no moon out... (8:00 p.m.)---

Boy says: We are just going to go on a simple ride. It's really easy.
Me: Are you sure? I'm really just starting and I'm not so good with hills.
Boy: It's a really easy ride. Nice and easy....
Me: Okay...
Boy: Don't worry there are declines but there are up hills that will make sure you don't go too fast. And if you get going to fast you can brake...
Me: Right... Right... doesn't he realize I have a problem braking? Isn't that what beginners are suppose to be gradually pulled into stuff.

So let's recap: He said it's was a nice easy spot up the canyon... he said it was really easy.... he said the bike trials were gradual....

Cough* So he said... I have one word... FALSE!

So we get there.... It's dark outside and I keep thinking to myself: "Liz, what have you gotten yourself into?" So we carry on with these rinky-dinky flashlights.... he was a gentleman and allowed me to have the brighter light but to be honest it still sucked.

I probably got going around 20 mph and that's NOT exaggerating. Okay maybe I am slightly, at least 15 mph....

Okay OKAY I'm not sure at all but let's just say it was freakishly fast. Man, I love a good adrenaline rush. And let me tell you inside I was screaming my head off....

Luckily I'm blessed and Heavenly Father loves me and watches out for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment